Coddle is one of Ireland's most traditional dishes and who would have thought that there were as many recipes as makers! Oliver Dunne shares his Dublin Coddle recipe.
Oliver Dunne says: "A delicious heartwarming meal that's sure to be a family favourite."
Key ingredients in the traditional Dublin Coddle recipe are potatoes, bacon and sausages and after that, its whatever you're having yourself!
- 1 l chicken / ham stock
- 100 g smoked Irish pork belly
- 12 pork sausages
- 12 slices of dried Irish bacon
- 12 baby carrots
- 12 baby turnips
- 8 baby leeks
- 12 new potatoes
- 1 tblsp chopped chives
- Cut pork belly into small pieces and fry in olive oil until golden brown.
- When brown, cover with stock and bring to the boil. Add the sausages simmer until cooked.
- Cook the potatoes as normal in salted water, and all the veg separately.
- To finish add the potatoes, veg to the stock containing the pork bring to the boil add chopped chives and seasoning and top with crispy bacon.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote