- about 4 apples (roughly 800g)
- 80 g cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 knob of butter
- ‘four-spice’ mix
- 100 g plain flour
- 100 g chilled butter
- 80 g demerara sugar or ‘cassonade’
- 80 g ground almonds
- Wash and peel the apples, then cut them into small dice, throwing away the core.
- Melt the butter in a pot and add the apples and cranberries, followed by the spice mix and a little water.
- Mix well, then allow to simmer for around ten minutes.
- In a salad bowl, mix the flour, sugar and ground almonds. Slowly add the chilled butter in small cubes, incorporating it quickly using your fingers. The mixture should take on a sandy texture.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Put the cranberry and apple mixture in a gratin dish and, using a ta- blespoon, put the crumble mixture on top without piling it up.
- Smooth it out with the back of the spoon and place in the oven for around twenty minutes, or until the crumble is nicely browned.