- 4 oven ready quails
- small chorizo sausage (1/2 cm dice)
- 4 quail eggs
- red onions
- 2 tblsp cranberry jelly
- 100 g wild rocket
- large rooster potato (1/2 cm dice)
- 2 tblsp duck/goose fat
- 1 large carrot (1/2 cm dice)
- In a large frying pan brown the outside of the quails and transfer to a hot oven 200°C for 4-6 mins.
- Cut one of the onions in half and place on a baking tray with a little olive oil and seasoning and bake at 180°C until soft when stabbed with a small knife, remove from the oven and allow too cool down.
- When cool cut the onion into rings and keep warm until serving.
- Place another large frying on the heat and add the duck/goose fat, potatoes and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes before adding the onion, continue to cook on a high heat until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the outside.
- When crispy add the chorizo and fry for a further 30seconds.
- To serve:
- • Place some rocket leaves in the centre of each plate.
- • Put one onion ring in the centre of the leaves and fill with a half spoon of cranberry jelly and the potato and chorizo mix.
- • Top with the roasted quail and a fried quail egg.