- 250 g dried apricots
- 3-4 shallots
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dried coriander seeds
- zest of 2 oranges and juice of 1
- 300 ml cider vinegar
- 260 g caster sugar
- 1 finely diced red chilli (seeds removed)
- Chop the apricots into quarters.
- Crush the coriander seeds with a pestle and mortar.
- Place the shallot and garlic in the sauce pan with a little oil and fry until soft to release their flavour.
- Add the apricot, coriander seeds, orange juice, orange zest, chilli, sugar and vinegar to the saucepan, simmer until reduced to a nice syrupy consistency for approx 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool , store in your sterilised jars until required.
- The jars can be placed into a mini basket and decorated with Christmas ribbons, cinnamon sticks and holly for a beautiful, tasty and colourful foodie present.