- 2 red peppers
- 6 plum tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 red chillies (de-seeded and chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 350 ml white wine vinegar
- 280 g caster sugar
- 75 g plump raisins
- a little oil to fry
- 1 tblsp fresh herbs ( basil, coriander and parsley)
- Chop the red pepper into rough half inch dice.
- Roughly chop the tomato and finely chop the garlic, onion & red chillies.
- Cook the onion , chilli and garlic over a medium heat to soften, slightly colour and release a beautiful flavor.
- Add the tomato and red pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes to soften a little.
- Add the raisins, vinegar and sugar, season to taste.
- Place over a medium to high heat and cook without a lid to reduce to an almost pulp like mixture for 10- 12 minutes (time varies with quantity made).
- When reduced - the tomato is cooked and the mixture is thickened - remove and allow to cool.
- Add the fresh herbs and taste.
- Store in sterilised glass jars until required.
- Decorate nicely as your perfect foodie present!
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say