- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cup whole milk
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tblsp demerara brown sugar
- 2/3 dried sweetened cranberries
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup double cream
- creamy butter orange sauce
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 2/3 cup double cream
- 8 tblsp unsalted butter
- 2 tblsp golden syrup
- 1 large orange (grated zest and juiced)
- Line an 8-inch Square with baking parchment. Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- In a large heavy based saucepan, whisk together the cornmeal, spices and salt until blended.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth. Cook over medium heat, whisking constantly until the mixture comes to the boil. Reduce the heat keep stirring til smooth and thick. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the butter, maple syrup, brown sugar and dried cranberries.
- In a large bowl lightly beat the eggs, and slowly add into the cornmeal mixture.
- Do this very gradually to avoid scrambling the eggs.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Then drizzle the pudding with the cream until it completely covers the top.
- Return the pudding to the oven and continue baking for 15 minutes.
- Creamy butter orange sauce
- In a small heavy based saucepan add all ingredients.
- Cook over a medium heat, stir until the butter has melted and the sugar has completely dissolved. Bring to the boil, boil gently for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly and serve with the pudding.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say