A wonderful starter that won't fail to impress.
- 250 g smoked salmon
- 200 g crabmeat
- 1 tube of crème fraîche
- 1 bunch of dill
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 avocado
- 1 chilli
- 1 lime
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 packet of rocket leaves
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- Line the fondant ring size of your choice with lime juice first and then with the smoked salmon.
- For the Crabmeat Mixture:
- pour the crab meat into a large bowl and mix with 2 tbsp of Crème fraîche, a few sprigs of chopped dill and season with salt and pepper. Divide between the 4 moulds and pour mixture inside.
- For the Guacamole:
- Mash up 1 avocado in a large bowl. Then dice up a ¼ of a red chilli and add to the avocado along with ½ lime juice and some chopped coriander. Season well with salt.
- Spread the guacamole on top of the crabmeat. Slowly lift off the metal ring and then mix rocket leaves in a large bowl with olive oil and salt and pepper. Roll rocket leaves into a ball shape and place on top of the guacamole.
- To Finish:
- Segment 1 ruby grapefruit and cut into small squares.
- Make dill Crème fraîche by mixing the left over Crème fraîche and dill and pour into a squeeze bottle.
- Decorate plate with 5 dots of guacamole and place a piece of grape fruit and dill on top around crabmeat tian.
- Place dots of dill Crème fraîche around the plate too.
- Lightly drizzle with some grape fruit juice.
More by Niamh Switzer:
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Meringue Tartlet with Chocolate Sauce
- Prime Irish Rib Eye Steak, Honey Roasted Root Vegetables, Fondant Potato and Béarnaise Sauce
- Warm chocolate fondant with malteaser parfait