An interesting take on the classic soup recipe.
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 medium leeks sliced (not the woody green stalk)
- 3 potatoes (cut into cubes)
- 50 g butter
- crème fraiche
- rosemary or sage
- calt/black pepper
- good chicken stock or vegetable stock
- whipped cream for serving if desired
- Sweat the chopped onion with lid on pan in half the butter until clear not brown.
- Add the leeks and sweat for futher 6/7 minutes, this helps bring out sweetness of the leeks and onion.
- Stir in the potatoes coating them buttery oniony flavours.
- Pour in the chicken/veg stock, adding sprig of rosemary or sage.
- Bring to boil and leave to simmer for 10-15 min until potatoes cooked.
- Remove herb sprig, check seasoning and then blend using a hand blender.
- You can add 1 tblsp of cream at this stage if you wish.
- Flash fry the mushrooms in the rest of the melted butter, season with black pepper, and arrange in centre of bowl with tsp of whipped cream on top.
- Finally pour the soup around the mushrooms and drizzle a little of the truffle oil on top.
- Serve immediately.
More by Patricia George:
- Beef Medallion with Blue Cheese Leeks, Rosemary Mash and Port Sauce
- Terrine of Foie Gras
- Warm Apple Crumble