A delicious meal from Patricia George.
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- knob of butter
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- glass of white wine
- 100 ml cream
- chervil for service (freshly chopped)
- chunks of cod
- sliced smoked salmon
- 4 scallops, halved
- 8 king prawns
- 4 fresh mussels
- glazed topping:
- 1 egg yolk beaten with 2 tblsp of cream and grind of black pepper
- Sweat the shallots in butter for 2-3 minutes, stir in sliced salmon and garlic for a further 2 minutes.
- Splash in wine and bring to bubble, then add the fish in longest cooking order, cod, scallops, prawns and then place mussels on top and cover with lid.
- Allow to steam for 3-five minutes on low heat or until mussels open.
- Stir in the cream and plate up, drizzle glaze on top and place under grill until crispy (2 minutes).
- Sprinkle on fresh chervil and serve Carrigbyrne mash.
- To make the Carrigbyrn mash:
- Boil five peeled roasters and drain. Rice or mash the potatoes, cream and cheese and fold together, season to taste.
More by Patricia George:
- Beef Medallion with Blue Cheese Leeks, Rosemary Mash and Port Sauce
- Terrine of Foie Gras
- Warm Apple Crumble