Refresh your palette with this tangy sorbet.
- 330 g sugar
- 500 ml spring water
- 250 ml pink champagne
- 50 ml lemon juice
- raspberries as garnish
- Boil the water and stir in the sugar, until it is completely dissolved and cool completely.
- Stir in the champagne and lemon. (The lemon is just to offset the sweetness. Taste it as you add it, and make sure it doesn’t overpower the champagne).
- Pass through a fine sieve and then churn using an ice cream maker.
- To serve scoop two quenelles of sorbet into a martini glass, pour some leftover champagne around the side of the martini glass and decorate with one raspberry.
More by Trevor Thornton:
- Tournedos of Fillet Beef
- Lemon Cream Tart with Raspberry Sorbet
- Free range chicken with fondant potato, glazed shallots and a tarragon veloutè