A quick, tasty dish to prepare.
- 2 tblsp mild flavoured oil (such as sunflower)
- 20 large prawns (shelled and de-veined, with tails intact)
- 2 tblsp red curry paste
- 1 large onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 400 g asparagus (trimmed and cut into 4cm lengths on the diagonal)
- 1 red pepper (cored, deseeded and cut into thin strips)
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tblsp lime juice
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- to serve:
- coriander leaves
- steamed rice
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the prawns and stirfry for 2 minutes or until they turn pink and are just cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Return the wok to a high heat, add the remaining oil, followed by the curry paste, and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the onion and asparagus and stir fry for 2 minutes, then add the red pepper and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice, fish sauce and sugar, and stir to combine. Return the prawns to the wok and cook for a further minute or until they are heated through.
- Scatter over some coriander leaves and serve with steamed rice.