Served with minted new potatoes, this is a perfect dinner party meal.
- 4 fillets john dory
- wild garlic & cherry tomato vinaigrette:
- 1 small bunch wild garlic leaves (when chopped approximately 3 tablespoons)
- 12-16 cherry tomatoes (left whole)
- 2 small shallots (thinly sliced)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 250 ml olive oil
- 0.5 glass white wine
- cracked black pepper
- pea puree:
- 225 g frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 0.5 medium sized onion
- 200 ml cream
- 1 dsp freshly chopped mint
- Begin by making the pea puree:
- In a large saucepan quickly fry off the onion & garlic until browed.
- Add in the frozen peas and coat with onion & garlic mixture
- Add in cream and cook until the peas have softened and the cream will have reduced and thickened. (5 minutes)
- Mix in the seasoning and freshly chopped mint at this stage.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a food processor or blitz with hand held blitzer until broken down yet still relatively coarse and chunky.
- Move on to the wild garlic and tomato vinaigrette:
- Choose a medium sized saucepan and heat it gently with a tiny amount of oil.
- Add in the sliced shallots and cook them very gently for approximately 3- minutes until they are just softened but not entirely coloured.
- Next add in the cherry tomatoes (whole) and pan roast them for 2-3 minutes until they have softened and roasted. Season with a little salt and pepper at this stage.
- Mix in the shredded wild garlic leaves and wilt for 20-30 seconds until just softened. Turn off the heat now.
- Pour in the lemon juice and the olive oil and allow this sauce to stand for at least 15 minutes to allow the flavours to infuse.
- Heat a large frying pan and melt a little butter.
- Season the fillets of john dory with salt and black pepper and pan fry on either side for 2-3 minutes or until just gently cooked.
- Serve the pan roasted fish on top of the pea puree and drizzle with the wild garlic and tomato vinaigrette.
- Serve with minted new potatoes.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops