You can buy ready prepared Harissa but it is no comparison to the flavour of homemade - see how easy it is to prepare.
- 4 chicken breasts (skin on)
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1-2 tablesp. olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- for the harissa dressing:
- 1 red pepper (roasted, skin removed and chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 chillies (roughly chopped)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- handful coriander leaves
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- juice of a lemon
- An hour or two ahead if possible place the chicken breasts in a shallow dish. Pour over the lemon juice, olive oil and seasoning.
- Grill or barbecue until fully cooked.
- For the Dressing:
- Put all the ingredients in a food processor. Process to form a thick sauce. Any leftovers will keep in the fridge for at least a week.
- To Serve:
- Add some steamed new potatoes and vegetables or salad.