This drink's sweetness revives and the ginger refreshes.
- 300 g cold water
- 700 g caster sugar
- 50 g root ginger, (peeled, finely grated)
- 2 lemons (juice)
- 6 cloves (whole, lightly crushed)
- 10 black peppercorns (whole, lightly crushed)
- 5 g white cumin (ground)
- fresh mint to garnish
- To make the cordial, put the water and sugar into a deep bottomed pan and gently heat over a medium flame to dissolve the sugar.
- Then, add all the other ingredients EXCEPT the lemon juice and simmer gently for about 5mins.
- Take off the heat allow to cool.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Then, strain with a sieve, bottle and chill the mixture.
- Mix the cordial with soda water. 1 part cordial to 4 or 5 parts water, depending on your personal preference.
- Garnish with fresh mint, serve and enjoy!
More by Arun Kapil:
- Cauliflower 'Chips': Arun Kapil Today show recipe
- Sofa Chicken: Arun Kapil's Today recipe
- One week 'til Pancake Tuesday: Traditional Pancake