Serve with some nice bread.
- 4 chicken breasts (cooked and sliced)
- handful salad leaves per person
- 1 mango (sliced)
- handful seedless black grapes
- 50 g cashew nuts
- for the dressing:
- 1 mango (peeled and chopped)
- 3-4 scallions (chopped)
- handful of basil leaves
- 1 tblsp rice vinegar
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- salt, black pepper and a pinch of sugar
- The absolutely best way is to roast a whole chicken with lots of garlic cloves, a few sprigs of rosemary, lemon wedges stuffed into the cavity and seasoned with salt, black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Cook until the juices run clear.
- Then an hour or two later, take the meat off the bone and make the salad.
- If you haven't time to roast a chicken then you can just grill a few chicken breasts, slice them up and make the salad.
- For the Dressing:
- Put all the dressing ingredients in the processor, give it a quick whiz and taste for seasoning.
- Coat the salad leaves in a little of the dressing, arrange the leaves on individual plates or in one large bowl.
- Add the sliced mango, grapes, nuts and chicken.
- Drizzle over the dressing and serve with some nice bread.
More by Bord Bia:
- Traditional Bacon and Cabbage with Mustard Sauce
- Risotto with Hake and Basil
- Haddock with Pasta and Broccoli