A milk-shake type drink with texture, great for quenching your thirst.
- 800 ml ice-cold milk (full fat)
- 200 ml chilled whipping cream (lightly whipped to ‘soft peaks’)
- 400 g can sweetened condensed milk
- 200 g almonds (ground)
- 25 g whole sunflower seeds (unsalted)
- pinch saffron threads
- 0.5 vanilla pod’s beans
- 1 tblsp rose water
- rose petals for garnish
- Pop the ground almonds and sunflower seeds into a food processor and blitz until they’re a powdery paste type texture.
- Place this paste into a blender with the milk, condensed milk, whipped cream, vanilla beans, saffron threads and rose-water.
- Blitz, garnish with rose petals and serve.
If you’d like a thinner texture pop a couple of ice cubes into the blender.
More by Arun Kapil:
- Arun Kapil's Slow Cooked Rabbit recipe, Today Show
- Irish Rarebit on Soda Bread
- Buttered Chicken (Arun's Murgh Oudhi)