Dainty little biscuits served with strawberry soup.
- 115 g butter (softened)
- 115 g granulates sugar
- 2 medium or large eggs
- 100 g plain flour
- 1 vanilla pod
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- With electric beaters, beat the butter with the sugar until pale and fluffy, then add the eggs one by one, beating all the time. Sift in the flour at the end and mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until smooth.
- Split the vanilla pod in half, scrape out the seeds and stir them into the mixture. Place a silicone baking mat or baking parchment on a baking tray.
- Put the biscuit mixture into a pastry bag (a freezer bag cut at the corner will do just as well) and squeeze tongue shapes about 5cm long on to the baking tray about 3cm apart.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, until the biscuits are golden around the edges but still quite pale in the centre. Remove from the baking tray and cool on a wire rack.
- After that it’s easy. All we do is chop up the strawberries, slice them thinly into a bowl and then pour over the strawberry soup. We’ll take the crispy golden biscuits out of the oven and we serve them together, a delicious warm or chilled summer dessert.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Black Pudding & Apple Tart: Trish Deseine, Today
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb