A great recipe for the end of summer when there is a glut of apricots - very simple and very fast.
- 8 apricots
- muscovado sugar
- figs/ prunes/dried apricots
- vanilla ice cream to serve
- Take a casserole dish and pack the apricots in nice and closely to encourage the juices to flow.
- Then add a little bit of butter and some sugar on there, just to caramelise them - you can use demerara or muscovado.
- That goes in a nice hot oven, 190-200°C, for about 10 minutes - just the time to make up the topping.
- Now we start by cutting up the figs.
- Among the various thing you can use in this recipe are dried apricots, prunes, really anything you happen to have in the cupboard - some pistachios to give it some colour, some almonds, chopped white chocolate (lots of it) and some honey to bind it all together.
- Try to avoid actually making it into a paste, so just stir it roughly in the bowl.
- The apricots should be ready to come out about now.
- They are nice and hot and the idea is that you put a little dollop of this chocolate and dried fruit mixture on each of them and then serve that with some nice vanilla ice cream.
- A dish for someone with a severely sweet tooth!
More by Trish Deseine:
- Black Pudding & Apple Tart: Trish Deseine, Today
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb