I made a dish similar to this when I was asked to appear on Richard Corrigan's programme 'Corrigan Knows Food' to try to encourage families to eat better. The family in question loved this recipe and I think you will too.
- 4 fillets of lemon sole
- a little oil
- for the pesto:
- 110 g fresh basil leaves
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g pistachio nuts (shelled)
- 1 garlic clove
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan
- pinch of salt
- First make the pesto by placing all the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend for 2 minutes.
- Place the sole fillets in a large bowl, pour the pistachio pesto over them and baste well.
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat, add a drop of oil and add the fillets to the pan. Cook on each side for 2 minutes. Eat straight away!
- Lemon Sole Pan-fried in Basil Pesto:
- Replace the pistachios with pine nuts.
- Lemon Sole Pan-fried in Coriander, Hazelnut and Lemon Pesto:
- Replace the basil with fresh coriander.
- Replace the pine nuts with hazelnuts.
- Add the juice of half a lemon.
Clodagh's tip for a dinner tipple: Rancio sec from Southern France is great with a pistachio pesto.