Neven Maguire dishes up a delicious Chicken and Chorizo Rice Bake.
- 300 g jar artichoke hearts preserved in olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 4 chicken breast fillets (skin on)
- 1 large onion (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 100 g raw chorizo sausage (peeled and sliced)
- 350 g long grain rice
- 150 ml dry white wine
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 2 tblsp roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4). Drain the oil from the jar of artichokes and add one tablespoon to a casserole dish with a lid. Add half of the butter and then place on the hob to heat.
- Season the chicken breasts, add to the dish, skin-side down, then cook for 2-3 minutes until lightly browned. Turn over and cook for another minute or so until sealed. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of the drained artichoke oil to the dish with the remaining butter to the pan and then tip in onion and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add the chorizo and rice and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring until the chorizo has begun to release its oil and all the rice grains are well coated.
- Pour the wine into the pan, stirring to combine and then add the stock and fold in the artichokes. Arrange the chicken on top, pushing the breasts down into the rice. Cover and bake for 35-40 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken and rice are cooked through and tender. Scatter over the parsley and place directly on the table to serve.