A tasty, traditional Irish dish.
- 1 shot irish whiskey
- 1 kg salmon fillet
- 50 g sea salt
- 50 g sugar
- 50 g fresh dill
- 1 tblsp white peppercorns
- 1 orange (juiced and keep rind)
- avocado purée:
- 1 ripe avocado (skinned, halved, stone retained)
- 2 tblsp crème fraiche
- juice of half a lemon
- salt & freshly ground white pepper
- buttermilk cream:
- 100 ml whipped cream
- 50 ml buttermilk
- 50 g chopped chives
- mix well.
- Place salmon in deep tray. Mix the salt and sugar and sprinkle over salmon with orange rind.
- Add shot of Irish whiskey and juice of orange. Remove dill from stalks and add stalks to salmon (chop dill and keep).
- Cover salmon and refrigerate over night.
- Wash off marinade and cover salmon in the chopped dill. Slice salmon and serve with freshly baked Irish soda bread and a shot of Irish whiskey.
- Avocado Purée:
- Blend the avocado, crème fraiche and lemon juice together in a food processor.
- Season to taste, then transfer to a bowl and pop the avocado stone into the middle (this stops the avocado from going brown.) Seal with cling film and refrigerate.