A mildy spiced soup with flaked haddock.
- 700 g parsnip
- 800 ml milk
- 200 ml cream
- 7 g cumin seeds (roasted)
- 50 g butter
- 200 g smoked haddock
- Firstly, poached the haddock in the milk for 5-6 mins until cooked through. Remove the haddock and leave until serving.
- Roast off the cumin seeds for 2 mins and add to milk, bring back to the boil and simmer for 5 mins to infuse. Peel and finely slice the parsnip and sweat them off in a saucepan with the butter.
- When completely soft, add the milk and cream bring to the boil and blend until smooth.
- Serve with flaked haddock mixed through.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote
- Pan Fried Plaice with Peas, Horseradish and Smoked Bacon