Top these cup cakes with jelly worms, bats or spiders for a Halloween touch!
- 130 g unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 130 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 140 g self-raising flour
- 3 tblsp cocoa
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- for the frosting:
- 200 g unsalted butter at room temperature
- 250 g icing sugar
- 50 g cream cheese
- 1 tsp essence of choice (orange, lemon, mint or vanilla)
- 1 tsp food colouring of choice( green, red, black or orange)
- for the decoration:
- jelly worms, bats and spiders
- roll out fondant icing
- Line a 12-cup cake tin with paper cases.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix until you get a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon into the cup cake cases as evenly as you can.
- Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove cases and place on wire rack to cool.
- When cold decorate with frosting.
- For the Frosting:
- Put everything into a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
Louise's tips: To vary the flavours you can add: Lemon – finely grated zest of a lemon. Orange – finely grated zest of an orange. Mint extract.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones