Get the kids involved with decorating these Halloween cookies.
- 200 g unsalted butter (soft)
- 200 g caster sugar (sieved)
- 1 large egg
- 400 g plain flour plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 packet of royal icing
- food colouring of choice
- Line 2 baking trays with silicone paper.
- In a large bowl whisk butter, sugar and vanilla together.
- Mix in the egg then add the flour.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface and roll gently.
- Using a 5cm floured cutter cut the round or a Halloween cookie cutter.
- Place on lined baking trays.
- Put into the fridge for half an hour.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer onto wire tray to cool.
- To decorate make royal icing according to the instructions on the packet.
- Then add food colouring and spread on top of cookies.
Louise's tips: These biscuits can be made in advance. When they are completely cold put them into an airtight container. They will then last for three weeks. Also, the cookie dough can be made in advance, shaped, put on a tray to open freeze and when frozen put into freezer bags. They can then be cooked straight from frozen - this will take from 15 to 20 mins.