Treat your family with this homely meal!
- for the goujons:
- 4 fillets of cod
- 2 eggs & 75ml milk
- 75 g seasoned flour
- 225 g breadcrumbs
- 1 dsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- for the pea purée:
- 225 g frozen peas
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 0.5 medium sized onion
- 250 ml cream
- 1 dsp freshly chopped mint
- Cut each fillet of fish into three strips.
- Prepare three bowls:
- 1: Seasoned flour
- 2: Egg & Milk whisked together
- 3: Breadcrumbs with sesame seeds & chilli flakes
- Coat the pieces of fish in the flour first, then transfer to the egg wash mixture and finally toss the egg coated pieces of fish in the breadcrumbs mixture.
- Heat the deep fat fryer or a large pot with some oil.
- Deep fry the fish until golden brown. This should take no more than 3-4 minutes.
- Drain on some kitchen paper & serve immediately.
- To make pea puree:
- In a large saucepan quickly fry off the onion & garlic until browed.
- Add in the frozen peas and coat with onion & garlic mixture.
- Add in cream and cook until the peas have softened and the cream will have reduced and thickened. (5 minutes)
- Mix in the seasoning and freshly chopped mint at this stage.
- Transfer the entire mixture to a food processor or blitz with hand held blitzer until broken down but still a little chunky.
- Serve with the fish and some home made thickly cut chips.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon