- 4-5 tssp olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 100 g dried porcini mushrooms
- 25 g butter
- 250 g arborio rice
- 1 l hot chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 tblsp cacao (finely grated)
- parmesan, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry over a gentle heat until soft
- Meanwhile, place the porcini mushrooms in a small bowl and cover with boiling water to rehydrate.
- Drop the butter into the pan. Stir in the rice.
- Add the porcini and the liquid they were soaked in. Simmer, stirring occasionally until the liquid has been absorbed. Add a ladleful of stock and simmer, stirring again, until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Continue adding the stock in this way until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is plump and tender.
- Stir in the cacao to finish. Season with salt and black pepper and serve with grated parmesan.