- 200 g dark chocolate (70%)
- 4 large eggs (separated)
- 200 ml double cream
- 1 flake bar (crushed)
- 10 ml baileys or brandy (optional)
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- Break chocolate into small pieces and place in heatproof glass bowl.
- Using a saucepan bring water to the boil remove from the heat and place the bowl containing the chocolate on top. Allow to melt stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in egg yolks to the melted chocolate and if using, add the Baileys or Brandy into the chocolate mixture.
- Semi-whip the cream and add into the chocolate mix.
- Put the egg whites into a clean grease free bowl and using either a hand or electric whisk, beat until they are fluffy and then add the caster sugar.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and add the crushed flake bar.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 glasses and put into the fridge for at least 30 mins.
- This mousse is delicious served with thin biscuits and topped with whipped cream.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say