White Chocolate Caramel Mousse
A decadent treat.
- for mousse:
- 200 g white chocolate
- 4 large eggs (separated)
- 200ml double cream
- 1 packed of maltesers
- 0.50 orange (juiced)
- 1 tblsp caster sugar
- for caramel:
- 300 g caster sugar
- 3 floz cold water
- 10 floz double cream
- For Caramel:
- Put sugar and water into a heavy based saucepan. Bring to the boil. Continue to cook until the mixture begins to turn a caramel colour.
- Carefully pour in the cream. Turn off the heat and whisk until all the caramel is smooth.
- Allow to cool completely. Break chocolate into small pieces and place in heatproof glass bowl.
- Using a saucepan bring water to the boil remove from the heat and place the bowl containing the chocolate on top.
- Allow to melt stirring occasionally.
- Whisk in egg yolks to the melted chocolate and if using, add the orange juice into the chocolate mixture.
- Semi-whip the cream and add into the chocolate mix.
- Put the egg whites into a clean grease free bowl and using either a hand or electric whisk, beat until they are fluffy and then add the caster sugar
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture and add the crushed maltesers.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 glasses Layer with caramel and put into the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- This mousse is delicious served with thin biscuits and topped with whipped cream.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say