- 150 g softened butter
- 300 g sugar
- 2 tblsp plain white flour
- 3 eggs
- 4 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tin apricots
- 2 tblsp honey
- We're going to mix the softened butter with the sugar and whisk it until it's pale and fluffy.
- And one it is creamed, the eggs go in one by one and you beat after each one.
- Then add four tablespoonfuls of olive oil.
- Now you might feel that this cake should really be savoury, but we're going to serve it piled high with apricots that have been mixed with a little bit of honey and olive oil.
- Smooth it out in the dish, and that goes in the oven for about half-an-hour at 180°C.
- While that's cooking, prepare the apricots that go on top.
- Drain the syrup from the tin of fruit and into the syrup add a couple of tablespoons of honey, then a little bit more olive oil - just a touch and it needs to go away in the fridge to chill while the cake's cooking.
- When the cake's been cooking for about half-an-hour, pierce it all over with a skewer and pour the olive oil and honey over it to soak in.
- Pile the apricots on top and that's it.