- 1.8-2kg leg of lamb
- 1 sprig of lavender
- 6 cloves of garlic
- olive oil to season
- Cover the roast with olive oil, just using your hands, making sure it's covered all over.
- Then make little incisions all over the leg of lamb and put a little bit of lavender and some garlic in there.
- You need to dig down 1.5-2cms. Then all you've got to do is just put the sprigs into the holes with a little bit of garlic.
- That goes in the oven for about 2 hours at 200°C.
- About half-an-hour before it's finished cooking we're going to take it out for a while and glaze it with lovely lavender-flavoured honey.
- When the lamb's been roasting for about 90 minutes, make a glaze. It's just some honey with some oil and a little bit of lavender to give it a nice flavour, about 3/4 tablespoons of honey, a little bit of oil, a few seeds of lavender - again, not too much. We just want a hint of the taste.
- Leave that to warm gently and get the meat out of the oven.
- Take the little burned sprigs of lavender out of the meat, then we are just going to spoon the glaze over it.
- Pop it back into the oven for another 30 minutes.
- Take it out and it's all ready to carve and serve.