- 24 cooked crab toes
- 200 g white crab meat
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tblsp spoons mayonnaise
- 1 tblsp spoon chopped coriander
- 1 red chilli (de-seeded and diced)
- 100 g corn flour, sieved
- 80 ml iced water
- chili jam:
- 150 ml red wine vinegar
- 180 ml red wine
- 100 g white sugar
- 1 cm piece root ginger (peeled & grated)
- 8 red chillies (deseeded & finely diced)
- wasabi mayonnaise:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbl spoon wasabi paste
- 1 squeeze lemon juice
- Mix the crab meat, lime, mayonnaise, coriander and chilli. Season to taste.
- Add the water to the flour in a bowl and whisk to a batter consistency. Toss the crab toes into some seasoned flour and dip into batter.
- Deep fry for 2/3 mins at 170°C in clean oil until golden and crispy.
- Chili Jam:
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan (except chillies) and cook over a gentle heat for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped chillies and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a small container and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together - hey presto!
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say