Kate O'Toole serves up a cheese plate on The Restaurant.
- 50 g pecan nuts
- 20 g butter
- 25 ml maple syrup
- 4 slices pistachio and raisin bread
- 200 g unpasteurised cooleeney cheese
- 4 tblsp traas plum jam
- Place the butter and half the maple syrup in a large frying pan. When foaming, stir in the pecans, coating them evenly with the juices. Pour in the rest of the maple syrup. Keep on a low to medium heat for 5-10 minutes stirring constantly until the pecans are crispy.
- Toast the bread, cut it diagonally and place on a large serving plate. Put 3 pieces of the Cooleeney cheese on the place and some candied pecans. Put one tablespoon of the plum jam on the plate and serve .
More by Kate O'Toole:
- Trio Of Rich Chocolate Mousse, Banoffi Pie And Lemon Possett
- Noisette Of Roasted Connemara Lamb Wrapped In Pancetta, Served With Parsnip Purée, Sweetened Carrot
- Ceviche of Sole Marinated in Fresh Limes with Coriander, Green Pepper and Tomatoes