A straightforward, warming soup, most of the ingredients which you could plant in your garden and have fresh to use during the Autumn.
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 onion (approx100g)
- 1 carrot (approx 100g)
- 2 sticks of celery (approx 150g)
- 2 courgettes (approx 200g)
- 100 g cabbage
- 200 g broccoli
- 60 g mushrooms
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 l hot water from kettle
- Fry the chopped onion and carrots cut in rounds in the olive oil.
- Add chopped celery, courgettes cut in rounds, and cabbage cut in thin shreds.
- When vegetables start sticking to the pot or wok add vegetable stock (melted in hot water). Add the remaining vegetables and the bay leaves and soy sauce and let simmer for 20mins.
- If you prefer a creamier consistency liquidise with hand blender.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad