A family favourite.
- oil spray
- 400 g chopped leeks
- 400 g can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 200 g cabbage cut thinly
- black pepper (freshly ground)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 l boiling water from the kettle
- 1 tblsp mixed dried herbs of province (like oregano, thyme etc)
- How to prepare:
- Spray the pot with the oil and then add the leeks, fry lightly for a moment.
- Add cabbage and whole peeled tomatoes. Using garlic crusher, add garlic in the soup together with the vegetable stock and some black pepper.
- Add boiling water from the kettle and let simmer for 20 minutes, then liquidise.
- You will get over 2 litres of soup so you can freeze this in smaller portions!
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad