Dr Eva Orsmond serves up this delicious stir-fry
- 120 g strip loin steak
- 150 g white cabbage
- 1 courgette (approx 150g)
- 1/2 onion (approx 70g)
- 0.25 tsp tom yom paste or other red curry paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 0.5 beef stock cube melted in 100ml boiled water
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- spray oil for cooking
- Peel and cut the onion. Slice both cabbage and courgette into thin slices.
- Cut meat into thin strips, using a pair of sharp scissors or a knife.
- Spray oil your wok or other non-stick pan large enough to take all the ingredients. Start by gently browning your beef with the curry paste.
- Once the beef starts cooking, add vegetables starting with the onion. Next add cabbage, and last the courgette.
- Peel the outer layer of lemongrass. Slice in two and then into 2-4 smaller
- portions to get all the flavour from within. Lemongrass needs to be removed before serving, so avoid making them too small!
- Add the stock and soy sauce when ingredients start sticking to the wok and cook until all ingredients are cooked to your liking.
- Remove lemongrass before serving.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers