How about a healthy vegetarian stew?
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 small onion (approx 50g)
- 50 g red split lentils
- 300 g butternut squash (cut in cubes)
- 0.25 cube of vegetable stock cube dissolved in 500ml of boiling water
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 1 sprig rosemary herb
- black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- Heat up oil in the wok.
- Add the chopped butternut squash and lentils and fry until soft, followed by the crushed garlic and chopped onion.
- Pour in the vegetable stock mixture.
- Introduce soy sauce and rosemary herb for extra flavouring.
- Bring stew to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- When the butternut squash and lentils are soft, it’s ready to eat.
Total calorie content = approx. 400kcal
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers