The indulgence factor is high!
- 4 chicken fillets
- mixed peppers
- 2 hot red chillies
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 1 fresh mango
- 0.5 medium sized onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tblsp oil
- basmati rice - to serve
- Chop the chilli into large chunks (leaving the seeds inside for extra heat if you so desire) and place them into small food processor with the two cloves of garlic and the 2 dessertspoons of oil.
- Blend them until a coarse consistency has been achieved.
- Dice the chicken into cubes and pour this coarse marinade on top of the chicken and allow to marinate for at least an hour but longer if time will allow.
- Meanwhile slice all of the vegetables and dice the mango.
- Heat a large wok or frying pan and then fry off the chicken together with all of the marinade until the chicken is golden brown all over.
- You need to be careful while doing this because the marinade has a tendency to burn so do not have the heat too high.
- At this stage add in the sliced vegetables and cook them gently (do not add in the mango now). If you wish you could break in some spears of broccoli into this dish for added colour.
- The vegetables will become to assume the spicy flavour of the chicken now which is the desired effect.
- After 4-5 minutes pour in the can of coconut milk and again wash the can out with 200ml of water and add this to the broth.
- Reduce to a very low heat and allow the sauce to just simmer for a few minutes until all of the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Correct the seasoning and add in the diced fresh mango at the last minute.
- Serve with the basmati rice and enjoy!
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon