A fruity delight to have as a dessert or light snack.
- 2 large pears
- 2 golden delicious apples
- 3 plums
- 4 figs
- 1 baby pineapple
- 2 floz apple juice
- 2 tblsp honey
- for the custard:
- 200 g caster sugar
- 6 large egg yolks
- 450 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Peel and core the pears, apples and pineapple.
- Remove stones from plums.
- Dice all the fruit into large bite size pieces and put into a small heat proof oven dish.
- Stir in the apple juice and honey.
- Cover with tin foil and place in a pre-heated oven 180°C for 20 minutes or until the fruit is tender but not mushy.
- Divide into 4 bowls and eat while warm and serve with custard
- To make the custard:
- In a small saucepan heat the milk
- Put all the other ingredients into a bowl and whisk until pale.
- Pour the hot milk onto the egg mixture and whisk.
- Pour this into a clean saucepan and stir over a low heat with a wooden spoon and cook gently until the mixture coats the back of a wooden spoon.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones