Try this delicious pork dish suggested by Bord Bia
- 4 lean pork chops (100g each, well trimmed)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- small knob of butter
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 150 g packet gourmet mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 tblsp medium sherry
- 250 ml carton reduced fat crème fraîche
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- boiled potatoes and green beans, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4). Heat the oil in a frying pan and quickly sear the chops for a minute or so on each side until golden brown, then place in an ovenproof dish, side by side. Season.
- Add the butter to the pan and once melted, stir in the shallots and cook for a couple of minutes until softened, stirring. Add the mushrooms and garlic and season to taste, then sauté for another few minutes until the mushrooms are just tender.
- Pour the sherry into the pan and allow to bubble up, then stir in the crème fraiche until just heated through. Spoon over the pork chops and bake for 20 minutes until the pork chops are completely cooked through.
- Serve the dish straight to the table and have bowls of boiled potatoes and green beans to hand around separately.