A tasty lunch with just 350 calories.
- 1 aubergine (approx. 350g)
- 100 g lean mince meat
- 0.5 small onion (approx 70g)
- 1/2 can of whole peeled tomatoes (200g)
- aubergines flesh (scooped out)
- 1 tsp artificial sweetener or splenda
- 0.5 beef stock cube
- black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 50 g light mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. After washing the aubergine cut in half length-ways. Using a serrated (sharp) knife cut out the central flesh of the aubergine halves, leaving a 1cm (1/2 inch) shell.
- Cut the flesh into 1cm chunks. Heat your non stick pan and use spray oil to oil your pan. Add mince meat, aubergine chunks, finely chopped onion, whole peeled tomatoes and spices. Crush the garlic, and sprinkle the sweetener. Simmer over moderate heat until excess water has evaporated and you have a rich thick sauce.
- Lightly spray your oven dish on which you are going to place the aubergine halves. Pile the vegetable meat filling inside the aubergines. Cut the mozzarella in thin slices and place over the filling.
- Cook in the oven for 40 min.
- Ratatouille is also nice on its own!
- Use left over ratatouille for lunch in pitta bread together with the left over mozzarella cheese.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers