One less thing you'll need to buy in the supermarket!
- for the base:
- 75 g sugar
- 75 g flour
- 1 orange zested
- 40 g butter (malted)
- for the chocolate filling:
- 100 g cream
- 50 g grand mariner
- 200 g chocolate (dark)
- 1pkt orange jelly
- 1 orange zest
- for the orange syrup:
- 1 orange juice and zest
- 2 tblsp water
- 50 g sugar
- for the chocolate topping:
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 120 ml cream (double)
- 25 g butter
- To make the sponge, whisk the eggs and sugar until double in volume.
- Gradually add the flour and the malted butter.
- Bake in a baking tray at 190°C for 25 minutes and allow to cool.
- For the orange jelly follow the instructions on the packet but remove half of the water and add sugar and zest. Pour onto a tray 1cm deep and allow to set.
- Boil the sugar, water, juice and zest for 1min and take off the heat.
- For the chocolate filling bring the grand marnier and cream to the boil and pour over the chocolate.
- Allow to cool.
- For the chocolate topping melt the chocolate with the cream, add the softened butter.
- Cut the sponge out with pastry cutters to the desired size, spoon over some orange syrup and allow to soak in.
- Cut some orange jelly and top with the chocolate filling.
- Lastly spoon over and then put a layer of chocolate on top.
More by Oliver Dunne:
- Crêpe Souffle with Chocolate & Cranberry
- Who are ya' Coddle-in'? St Patrick('s Day dins)
- Ardsallagh Goat's Cheese and Beetroot Compote