A delicious dish and just 450 calories.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150 g chicken breast
- 0.5 small onion (approx 50g)
- 1 carrot (approx. 150g)
- 1 courgette (approx 100g)
- 50 g basmati rice
- 0.25 cube of chicken stock melted in hot water from kettle (approx. 300ml)
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2.5 ml garam masala
- 2.5 ml madras curry powder
- 1 star anise
- Peel carrots and onion. Cut carrots in strips and onion and courgette into slices.
- Cut chicken into small pieces with sharp kitchen scissors or knife.
- Add 5ml of oil into the pan. When oil is hot add vegetables (carrots and
- courgette first) stirring frequently.
- After few minutes add onion.
- Add spices (garam masala, soy sauce, Madras curry powder, chopped garlic and star anise) and then add chicken.
- Add rice (that you have let soak in water for 20 mins.) and that you have drained.
- Pour vegetable stock in when the ingredients start sticking to the wok but in small quantities at a time and still stirring frequently.
- Put the lid on and let the vegetables, rice and chicken simmer.
- Stir frequently until vegetables and rice are al dente. Add hot water from the kettle if required.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad
- Dr Eva's Operation Transformation pancake