If only you had the time every day.
- 1 kg diced shoulder of beef
- 4 potatoes (peeled and sliced)
- 2 onions (peeled and sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 1 l beef stock
- 4 tomatoes (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tblsp tomato paste
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cup field mushrooms (sliced and sautéd on a hot pan)
- 1 cup diced bacon
- In a hot pot add some vegetable oil and seal the beef.
- Brown on all sides.
- Season and add garlic.
- Place in a hot pot, add the beef stock, rosemary, bacon and bay leaf.
- Simmer over a low heat for 1-1½ hours.
- Cool, strain and retain the liquid.
- Butter an ovenproof dish.
- Place a layer of potatoes on the bottom and then some onion, mushroom and beef.
- Keep layering and finish with a layer of potato.
- Add liquid up to 2/3 dish.
- Season and brush with butter.
- Bake in oven for 1 hour until the potato is golden brown.