A healthy meal with just 400 calories.
- 1 breast of chicken (approx. 150g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 0.5 a big aubergine (approx. 150g)
- 0.5 small onion (approx. 50g)
- 0.5 celery stick (approx. 50g)
- 1 courgette (approx. 100g)
- 0.5 red pepper (approx. 50g)
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 0.25 cube of beef stock
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 200 ml hot water from kettle (approx)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- Cut the aubergine in round slices. Lay them in a dish, sprinkle with salt and leave to stand.
- When aubergine slices are sweating, rinse them and dry in kitchen paper.
- Cut them in small cubes.
- Heat the oil and fry (sauté) the onion until soft but not brown.
- Add the aubergine cubes, celery cut in rounds, sliced red pepper and sliced
- Add chopped tomatoes, beef stock, black pepper and 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic.
- Let simmer with lid on initially and after remove the lid so that excess water will evaporate and you will get a thick sauce.
- Serve with a grilled chicken breast.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad