A filling and warming lentil stew
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tsp all in one spice
- 1 tsp black bean sauce
- black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion (approx. 150g)
- 1 leek (approx. 150g)
- 200 g split red lentils (uncooked value)
- 4 carrots (approx. 400g)
- 4 celery sticks (approx. 200g)
- 1 parsnip (approx. 200g)
- 3 cans whole peeled tomatoes in juice (400g each x3 = 1200g)
- 25 ml soy sauce
- 25 ml concentrated tomato puree (or paste)
- 500 ml boiling water
- Heat up oil in the wok.
- Simmer the onion in olive oil in wok.
- Add all in one spice, black bean sauce, black pepper, crushed garlic cloves and finely chopped leek.
- Add lentils and 500ml of boiling water from kettle. Stir.
- Add the chopped carrots, parsnip, cans of tomatoes, soy sauce and tomato puree.
- Stir frequently and add more boiling water as required.
- Simmer for approx 45 minutes until lentils and vegetables taste soft. Stir frequently.
Total calorie content = approx. 1273.5kcal
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad