A delicious curry served with egg noodles.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 150 g chicken breast
- 0.5 large fennel (approx. 125g)
- 1 carrot (approx. 100g)
- 0.5 green pepper (approx. 70g)
- 0.5 red pepper (approx. 70g)
- 0.5 red onion (approx. 70g)
- 1 garlic clove
- 0.25 tin light coconut milk (approx. 100ml)
- 0.5 tsp green curry paste
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 2 cm piece ginger (or galangal if available)
- 1 tsp ground mustard seeds
- juice of half lime
- 50 g portion of fine egg noodles
- Peel carrot and onion. Remove leaves and bad parts of fennel. Slice both red and green pepper in two and use bottom halves.
- Slice chicken breast using sharp scissors or a knife. Peel and cut garlic. Peel and grate either galangal or ginger.
- Use a wok or a large non-stick pan. Measure out oil. When it starts getting hot add vegetables starting from carrots. Stir frequently.
- Add chicken and spices and stir well.
- Shake the tin of coconut milk as it tends to settle. Measure out the portion
- used, and pour over chicken and vegetables when they are almost cooked.
- Cook noodles according to instructions and serve.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad