If you don't want people inviting themselves over to dinner too often, this isn't the recipe to try...
- for the pudding:
- 225 g butter (softened)
- 225 g caster sugar
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 150 g dark chocolate (melted or 2 heaped dessertspoons cocoa powder)
- for the chocolate sauce:
- 200 ml pouring cream
- 110 g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1 measure of baileys (optional)
- To make the Cake:
- Grease 6 individual pudding basins.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (375°F/Gas 4).
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. This should take 5-6 minutes. Add in the eggs and mix completely.
- Sieve the plain flour with the baking powder (you could use self-raising flour instead of these two ingredients if you would prefer).
- Add the flour into the mixing bowl with the butter and eggs and mix until completely smooth.
- Meanwhile either in the microwave or over a saucepan of boiling water melt the chocolate and add to the sponge mixture.
- Pour into prepared pudding basins and sit them in a large roasting tray half filled with water.
- Cover the entire tray with a sheet of baking parchment and a sheet of tin foil and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- When baked invert onto a serving platter.
- The Sauce:
- Put the cream into a small saucepan and bring to a rapid boil. Pour the boiled cream onto the chopped chocolate and mix well. Whisk in the baileys if desired. This is now ready to use.
- Pour the indulgent chocolate sauce over the puddings and serve this to your excited guests.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show