This is a delicious dish to have for dinner on these cold and wet evenings as it is instantly warming and nourishing for all the family.
- 600 g fillet of beef
- 2 tblsp plan flour
- 0.5 tsp paprika/cayenne pepper
- 225 g mixed wild mushrooms
- 250 ml sour cream
- 1 large measure of brandy
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan with a little butter and oil.
- Slice the beef into thin strips and place in a large bowl.
- Mix in the paprika or cayenne pepper into the flour and put the flour into the bowl with the beef.
- Mix the beef around to make sure that it is fully coated with the flour and then shake off the excess.
- Add the coated beef to the hot pan and seal quickly until it is browned all over. Mix in the torn selection of mushrooms, diced shallots and crushed garlic and allow them to cook for 3-4 minutes until they, in their turn, are softened and gently cooked.
- Pour in the brandy and allow this to ignite (be very careful if you have an overhead extractor fan) and allow the alcohol to evaporate off.
- Next pour in the sour cream and allow this entire mixture to come to the boil.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes until the sauce has sufficiently reduced, correct the seasoning and serve. Add in some chopped flat leaf parsley if desired.
- Serve with plain boiled basmati rice.
- Additional Note:
- Sometimes sliced gherkins are added in at the last minute for flavour and garnish.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon