A wickedly delcious treat from Niamh Switzer.
- 60 g dark chocolate (55% - 70% coco content)
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 20 g icing sugar
- 20 g plain flour
- coco powder
- for the chocolate sauce:
- 20g dark chocolate (55% - 70% coco content)
- 8 tblsp cream
- for the malteser parfait:
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 tblsp honey
- 5 egg whites
- 566 ml double cream
- 1 large bag of malteasers
- Preheat the oven 190°C. To make the chocolate fondant mixture, place the chocolate and butter into a heat proof bowl. Place over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt. Do not allow to get too hot.
- Cream together the eggs and sugar. Add the flour and icing sugar and beat in. beat in the chocolate and butter mix. Place mix in fridge.
- Brush 2 cooking rings with soft butter and dust with coco powder. When the mix has slightly set, spoon into moulds. (For an extra soft centre place a chocolate ball in the centre of each mixture).
- Cook in a hot oven 190°C for 10-11 minutes. When cooked the fondants should have risen but still be runny in the middle. Place onto your serving plate immediately and serve with a drizzle of chocolate sauce (melt chocolate and cream in a saucepan), and a scoop of the malteaser parfait.
- For the malteaser parfait put the caster sugar, honey and 1 tbs of water in a pan. Heat gently until the sugar dissolves. Then boil the mixture until a tbs of the syrup forms a soft malleable ball when dropped into a bowl of cold water.
- Using an electric whisk beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until they stand in stiff peaks. Pour the syrup onto the whites whisking for about 10 minutes until the mixture has cooled.
- Gently fold the cream into the egg white mixture until it is thoroughly mixed. Pour in a mixture of crushed and whole malteasers .grease a loaf tin with butter and line with cling film. Pour mixture into the tin and cover with cling film. Place the parfait in the freezer for at least 48 hours.
- To serve cut into slices.
More by Niamh Switzer:
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Meringue Tartlet with Chocolate Sauce
- Tina of Crabmeat and Smoked Salmon served with Ruby Grapefruit, Dill Crème Fraîche and Guacamole
- Prime Irish Rib Eye Steak, Honey Roasted Root Vegetables, Fondant Potato and Béarnaise Sauce