A healthy stir-fry with a kick of ginger!
- 150 g chicken breast
- 1 carrot (approx. 100g)
- 1 courgette (approx. 100g)
- 100 g york cabbage
- 0.5 yellow pepper (approx. 100g)
- 1 stick celery (approx. 50g)
- 0.5 onion (approx. 50g)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/8 tsp red curry paste
- 1.5cm of ginger grated
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic (squeezed)
- 0.25 vegetable stock cube melted in 100ml of boiling water
- 50 ml coconut milk
- 0.25 tsp turmeric
- Peel carrots and onion. Cut carrots and courgettes in strips, and onion and
- celery into slices. Remove pips from pepper and cut into strips.
- Cut chicken into small strips.
- Add 5ml of oil in the wok. When oil is hot add vegetables (carrots first)
- stirring frequently.
- Add spices (curry paste, soy sauce, ginger, garlic) and then add chicken.
- Pour vegetable stock in when the ingredients start sticking to the wok.
- Add coconut milk and turmeric and let simmer with the lid on for 5min.
- stirring occasionally.
- Remove the lid when vegetables and chicken are cooked allowing excess
- moisture to cook off.
- Serve with fresh coriander sprinkled over the top.
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad